Christian Bakalov (Bulgaria/France) is organising two 3-day-workshops; open to amateurs of all ages and physical conditions. The workshops are part of the preparation of his new project PURE, in which he creates situations that connect participants to each other through common actions and their sense of empathy. Presentation sessions are planned on the last day of each workshop.
- People of all ages, from kids to seniors
- No performance skills required
- Understanding of English or French required (Dutch-speaking children are welcome if they understand English/French or are accompanied by someone who does)
- 23, 24, 25 March between 14h and 18h (depending on your schedule) + public try-out on March 25th from 18h to 20h
- 30, 31 March & 1 April between 14h and 18h (depending on your schedule) + public try-out on April 1st from 18h to 20h
Want to join? Send an e-mail to email@example.com.
PURE is an immersive performance-installation, which investigates how imagination and narratives influence our perception of reality. As an audience member, you are guided on a parcours of visual compositions, which are activated by your physical presence. With your personal background and history coming into play, you are invited to explore the various ways by which we design our reality, ranging from how we choose to construct an image to our more unconscious hopes and desires.
PURE is the second part of a trilogy inspired by Spinoza's concept of eternity, and is closely linked to birth and death: How do images of ourselves get called into life? How can we become conscious of them in order to actively engage with or lay them to rest? PURE is a collective ritual that gauges to the essence of our human condition through an experience of heightened intimacy.